Sixteen things that I want to achieve in the next year of my life on Earth.
- I want to develop a more effective way of saving money.
Also in this bracket: stop buying books that I won’t (realistically) get around to reading.
- I want to make more cringy, nostalgic things.
This one is a bit ‘meh’; I know that I will instantly fail this. Although, this said, I have actually started creating Spotify playlists filled with my favourite songs that I have enjoyed each month. Hopefully I can keep this up and share a few of these with you in monthly favourites posts. *how beauty blogger of me
- I want to have a decent set of GCSE results.
Basically my aim is to not be able to spell FUDGE with my grades.
- Although I did say that I needed to stop buying books, I do want to read more of the ones that fill my bookcase and draws in my bedroom, just to get rid of the space tbh.
and also: reading.
- I want to stop hating/ gossiping.
Because this soul needs a good cleanse (with Tesco’s Finest bleach, as it’s the only thing to clear the damage done by doing nasty teenage girl crap).
- I want to eat whatever I want and not feel guilty about it.
Up to a point, of course.
- I want to get to bed before 00:00.
I mean, quite frankly, my sleeping schedule is incredibly irregular, and my *very late* bedtimes are getting out of hand.
- I want to be able to experience events and situations without the need to put it on social media.
I am already disciplined in this field, I don’t have a great urge to snapchat my breakfast and religious quotes that I have found on the internet. This said, I feel as though I need to become less dependent on social media, and I want to be able to live in the moment as much as possible.
- I want to bake more.
- I want to do a little more sport.
i.e. run to catch the train instead of giving up when it arrives on the platform.
- I want to watch more classic films and watch more documentaries.
In the grand scheme of things, this one will probably be more beneficial to me, due to my new found understanding of pop culture in the 80s, which will mean that Buzzfeed will become more ‘relatable’.
- I want to love a coffee shop so much that I go so frequently I instantly become best friends with the owner, they know me on a first-name basis, and that they give me discounted cakes.
Somewhere other than Greggs lol
- I want to buy new glasses so I don’t look like an IT support man.
Maybe vamp it up a little; go for the edgy-bearded-hipster vibe.
- I want to be able to keep my plants alive for a month.
This is incredibly ignorant of me, but when I initially bought 5 cacti I didn’t realise that I needed to water them as much as I do (or should do).
- I want to be able to continue writing on this website without creating uninspired and repeatedly boring content.
Which is slightly ironic, due to the fact that I have 6 (or something) categories that I centre each blog post on. #originality
- I want to be able to sing.
Yep. Never going to happen.
Here’s to another year of embarrassing moments which I will no doubt look back on in a state of cringy, fml madness.